1. President inaugurates World Book Fair in New Delhi; Says our history and traditions have celebrated the argumentative Indians and not intolerant ones.
2. A recent survey conducted by Indian Council of Social Sciences Research (ICSSR) has revealed that 75 per cent tribal children in 22 districts of Rajasthan are lagging behind in education and tribal girls are no more enrolling in schools.
3. Iran dropped four places in the latest FIFA world rankings though they continue to be the top ranked team in Asia.
4. Former test captain, Javed Miandad has tendered his resignation to the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
5. Singapore Airshow 2014 which played host to over 1,000 exhibitors from 47 countries has ended with announced deals worth USD 32 billion, its organisers said.
6. The Australian government would spend around three billion Australian dollars to purchase seven large unmanned aircraft for the country’s border protection, media reports said.
7. Former NBA Commissioner David Stern has been elected into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, just two weeks after retiring from a successful 30-year reign.
8. Even as a section of the US’ corporate sector lobbies against India over protection of intellectual property rights, American aircraft major Boeing said the country has a strong legal framework to protect such rights.
9. A green foundation has been set up for promoting clean and green living through social, cultural and public programmes.
10. Over 32,000 birds including 18 different species of migratory birds were sighted during the recent headcount at Loktak lake in Manipur’s Bishenpur district.